Who We Are, What We Believe
We are family owned businesses with offices in Los Gatos/Santa Clara County and in San Diego County.
Thrasher Termite & Pest Control, Inc. (Lic. PR5009) was founded in 1979 by Duff and Janet Thrasher with the mission to provide value to its customers, and a fair, stable workplace for its employees. During its early years, the Thrashers operated the business out of their home, first in Santa Clara and later in Los Gatos. By 1996, the success and growth of the company led to the construction of the company’s current Los Gatos headquarters and warehouse. From this facility, the company’s territory has grown to encompass residential and business customers throughout Silicon Valley. In 2009, Thrasher Termite & Pest Control opened a branch office in San Diego under the leadership of son, Garrett Thrasher. In 2016, Garrett and Lauren Thrasher incorporated this thriving business under the name, Thrasher Termite & Pest Control of So Cal, Inc. (Lic. PR7462) Both companies remain committed to excellence in customer service.
- Thrasher Termite & Pest Control has earned the coveted Diamond Certified distinction for customer satisfaction.
- We have been independently rated by Consumers’ Checkbook.
- A member of both the Pest Control Operators of California (PCOC) and the National Pest Management Association (NPMA), the company is well recognized in the industry. We are an accredited QualityPro company. QualityPro is 3rd party certification awarded by the National Pest Management Association to pest control companies that go above and beyond the minimum requirements for state licensing. The requirements for earning QualityPro credentials include demonstrable environmental stewardship and implementation of industry “best practices.” The honor is considered the highest mark of excellence in the industry. Click here to learn more about QualityPro.
Janet Thrasher is a Santa Clara Valley District Director of PCOC; Garrett Thrasher is a San Diego District Director and Chairperson of PCOC. The Los Gatos office was named the 2011 Affiliate of the Year by the Silicon Valley Association of Realtors. The company’s services include both Termites and Pests. The Termite department performs residential and commercial termite inspections, treats structures for infestations of wood destroying organisms, and repairs damage to decks, porches, bathrooms, and more. The Pest Control department provides residential and commercial integrated pest management, including prevention, exclusion, and pest control treatments.
We believe that–
- A commitment to exceptional service and to strong business ethics make us a great company to do business with, a great company to work for, and a great example to other small businesses. We’re proud to have earned the Diamond Certified distinction for customer satisfaction.
- Pest control licensing and regulations protect our customers, our employees, and our environment. That’s why we are proud and active members of Pest Control Operators of California (PCOC) and National Pest Management Association (NPMA). It is also why we are committed to the continuing education and training of our staff. We encourage customers to verify our licenses with the California State Structural Pest Control Board (License No. PR5009 and BR5186) and to verify the license status of of any service company they invite into their homes.
- When a company does business in a community, it should give back to that community. We actively support local organizations (Los Gatos Chamber of Commerce, Saratoga Chamber of Commerce, Coronado Chamber of Commerce, Los Gatos Saratoga Girls Softball Association, and others. Additionally, we’ve established the Duff Thrasher Memorial Youth Fund (in loving memory of our founder) to raise much-needed funds to help children in our community and beyond. Typically, we provide scholarships, books, uniforms, counseling, summer camps and more.